What are we looking for?
- The responsibilities are multidisciplinary. You will participate in engineering research projects about natural ventilation, safety, thermal insulation, strength, energy performance of buildings and acoustics. You are closely involved in ongoing projects and you realise a number of key projects yourself.
- You have a close collaboration with experts in these fields (universities, research centers,…) and follow up/coordinate research projects carried out by the external experts. You translate the results/knowledge from these studies into solutions for Reynaers.
- You work together with the different R&D teams in Belgium and the different foreign subsidiaries.
- You perform regularly simulations (FEM) and calculations. Some examples:
- Defining maximum dimensions and weights
- Design optimization based on acting stresses and displacements
- Improvement of thermal insulation
- Estimation and calculation of acoustic performance based on test results
- Advice about bomb blast and earthquake resistance
- Is a test needed? Then you organize it and do the follow up. Or even more interesting: you carry out the test yourself (e.g. tensile testing bench) in our Technology Centre.
- During the different development phases you support the colleagues in the Development team by creatively thinking along with them and giving advice or solutions.
- You spread the knowledge within the Reynaers group to support the sales of our products.
- You follow market trends (low energy buildings, ventilation, FEM simulation, digitalization, process automation…) and make proposals for engineering projects.
- You regularly follow training courses, both internally and externally, so that you are always up to date with new developments and technologies.
- You have a master degree in engineering.
- You have a strong interest in everything that has to do with simulations, energy, acoustics, strength, automation of processes, …
- You can work analytical and independent. You put great importance to both theoretical calculations as well aspractical testing.
- You are a fluent communicator, both in Dutchand English, and a dedicated team player.
- You do not lose track of your objectivesand are excellent in finding solutions when challenges appear.
- You are outstanding in project and time management. You manage to handle different tasks.
- You look forward to an international working environment.
What do we offer you?
- A pleasantand dynamic working atmosphere with a new challenge every day.
- The opportunity to leave your mark on the future, with a socially responsible and sustainable company that draws the map of innovation and digital technology.
- The opportunity to develop yourselfand follow professional training courses.
- A competitive salary and numerous extra-legal benefits, in exchange for your expertise and commitment.
- A mobility plan that allows you to move easily, healthily and green to work.
Who are we?
Together for Better is the corporate motto of Reynaers and reflects the identity of this Belgian family company. Driven by innovation and entrepreneurship, the international company Reynaers is always focusing on its partners to realize sustainable growth together.
Reynaers Group, active in more than 70 countries worldwide, is a leading specialist in the development, distribution and commercialization of innovative and sustainable architectural applications in aluminum and steel. With 2750 employees and an annual turnover of EUR 638 million (2021), you can be sure of an international environment with a high level of ambition.
Your workplace in Belgium is the Reynaers Campus in Duffel, the Reynaers headquarters. The Campus not only houses offices, but also a Technology Centre, Training Centre, 62 000 m² of warehouses and a virtual reality meeting space for partners.
Are we looking for you?
Is this position a perfect fit for you? You can apply on our website https://www.reynaers.be/nl-BE/jobs or contact Dorien Thys at 015/30 86 06 – email@example.com.