Baltimore Aircoil Company, BAC, is a global manufacturer of heat transfer products and services. We specialize in developing resource-saving evaporative cooling equipment that conserves water and energy. The products of BAC Europe are distributed across Europe, the Middle – East and North Africa.
To strengthen our European headquarters in Heist-op-den-Berg (Belgium), we’re recruiting a motivated TACTICAL BUYER (m/f)
Eager to optimize cost and supply?
- Your main responsibility is the tactical/strategic purchasing of a variety of materials (direct and indirect materials) and services focusing on TCO, risk and contractual aspects.
- Thanks to a pro-active follow up of market trends and a close cooperation with other departments (engineering, quality, marketing, production, …), you succeed in identifying and implementing cost (TCO) and supply improvements.
- You prepare, send out, evaluate, negotiate and close RFQ’s and contracts.
- To facilitate an efficient way of working, you ensure an optimal management of all closed deals within the BAC ERP system.
- You closely follow up the vendor performance and take necessary actions when needed.
- You act as first point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- You work in a small and dynamic team, reporting to the Purchasing manager.
Strategic thinker with strong negotiation skills?
- You graduated in a Technical or Commercial Master degree and have at least 3 years of relevant purchasing experience.
- You can express yourself fluently in Dutch and English, as well written as spoken. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
- Thanks to strong communication skills and a pro-active attitude, you can coordinate multiple projects and you’re able to convince and motivate colleagues and internal clients.
- You combine a technical affinity with a high customer focus, excellent analytical skills and a strong cost conscious and pragmatic way of working.
- You like working independently but seek the necessary input from other stakeholders and involved parties when necessary.
- Even in difficult situations, you function efficiently and respond effectively to changes or problems.
- You’re a dynamic personality with high ethical standards, process driven and always looking for improvements.
What BAC offers you?
- An exciting and highly responsible job with room for initiative.
- Working in an international company with high focus on sustainability.
- You’ll be part of an enthusiastic company and team where we stimulate training and personal development.
- A competitive salary added with fringe benefits
Excited and want to know more?
Take a look at our website www.baltimoreaircoil.eu to get to know our company, our open positions and apply online. If you have questions concerning this role, please contact Elisa Goossens, HR Business Partner at 0032 15 23 76 74. Like the Baltimore Aircoil International pages on Facebook and LinkedIn to stay in touch!